In a conference back in October 2013 in Lausanne, a quick survey in the room was showing 99% of people being surrounded by people doing cancer or burn outs. So when I saw yesterday this very good article on preventing the burn out from the urban manager, I though I’d share it with you guys.
I took the essence of it and synthetised it.
HERE ARE SOME TIPS TO PREVENT BURN OUT
For me, for you, for us. You never know what life is made of.
- Watch out for sleep and healthy eating. Stop tobacoo, alcool, coffee or exciting drinks. Practice sport regularely, ideally 3 times a week.
- Learn to say NO, deleguate and fix your limits. Organisation and objective set up. If you struggle, change your habits in order to become zen & organised.
- Take a step back in front of vexations we can’t control. Practice relaxation, or simply learn to relax and breathe deeply, positive thoughts
- Take real breaks – 5 to 10 minutes every hour and 1 hour for lunch. And holidays with friends and family once in a while. And reserve some yourself-only-time (movies, shopping restaurant)
- Look for support, share the feelings to de-dramatise and take a step back. Adapt your workplace by personalising it and making it nice looking.
- Accept not to be perfect. Perfection doesn’t exist and if it exists it’s all subjective.
°°° Want more tools ? Check out here. °°°
* And you, do you know some managers who have had cancer or did burn outs? What are your views on it? You can PM me if you’d like on berenice (at) mysimplelife.fr *